Error during the installation of utf8 package

I am trying to install 'utf8' package (version 1.1.3) on my laptop but I got an error. I am using R 3.4.3 and my OS is macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘utf8’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/utf8/libs/utf8.so':
dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/utf8/libs/utf8.so, 6): Symbol not found: _utf8lite_graph_measure
Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/utf8/libs/utf8.so
Expected in: flat namespace
in /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/utf8/libs/utf8.so
Errore: loading failed
Esecuzione interrotta
ERROR: loading failed

• removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/utf8’
  • restoring previous ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/utf8’

Hi @amarchin,

I noticed you posted this as an issue in the r-utf8 gh repo as well. In general, if you do cross-post (which is discouraged in some cases, though I was gonna suggest you open up an issue anyhow in this one), please be sure to link to the other post, and update if you get an answer. That way, no one wastes time trying to help you with a problem you've already solved. (I know that isn't the case here, but FFR).

Thanks

2 Likes

You're right, sorry for that.

1 Like

It seems that my Makevars file was corrupted. I had this line in the file:

PKG_LIBS = -fopenmp -lgomp

instead of

LDLIBS = -fopenmp -lgomp
1 Like

:+1:! It installs correctly now?

n.b. it happens not to for me, atm, but that's neither here nor there!

update: nevermind. I wasn't following instructions correctly :flushed:!