Error Importing CSV Data

I apologize for I am new here, so hello. I am currently in a graduate course and I am feeling discouraged as I have tried numerous times to perfect this code and I am still getting an Error message. Any tips?

Bank.Bill.Data <- read.csv(“C:/Users/bulli/Downloads/90 Days Bank Bill Data.csv”, header = TRUE, as.is = T)

What is the error message?

Error: unexpected input in "Bank.Bill.Data <- read.csv(“"

It looks like you are using a curly quote, “, in the command and you need to use a plain double quote, ".
Here is what you write

Bank.Bill.Data <- read.csv(“C:/Users/bulli/Downloads/90 Days Bank Bill Data.csv”, header = TRUE, as.is = T)

and it should be

Bank.Bill.Data <- read.csv("C:/Users/bulli/Downloads/90 Days Bank Bill Data.csv", header = TRUE, as.is = T)

You can also use single quotes for the file name, though they too must be plain straight quotes.

Thank you so much! I was losing my mind!

Beginners often have problems reading in data. After the first 20 years it gets a bit better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can also upload data set using tab icon in environment or last panel too..

It's easy rather in script

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.