Error Importing CSV Data

I apologize for I am new here, so hello. I am currently in a graduate course and I am feeling discouraged as I have tried numerous times to perfect this code and I am still getting an Error message. Any tips?

Bank.Bill.Data <- read.csv(“C:/Users/bulli/Downloads/90 Days Bank Bill Data.csv”, header = TRUE, as.is = T)

What is the error message?

Error: unexpected input in "Bank.Bill.Data <- read.csv(“"

It looks like you are using a curly quote, “, in the command and you need to use a plain double quote, ".
Here is what you write

Bank.Bill.Data <- read.csv(“C:/Users/bulli/Downloads/90 Days Bank Bill Data.csv”, header = TRUE, as.is = T)

and it should be

Bank.Bill.Data <- read.csv("C:/Users/bulli/Downloads/90 Days Bank Bill Data.csv", header = TRUE, as.is = T)

You can also use single quotes for the file name, though they too must be plain straight quotes.

Thank you so much! I was losing my mind!

Beginners often have problems reading in data. After the first 20 years it gets a bit better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can also upload data set using tab icon in environment or last panel too..

It's easy rather in script

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.