This code worked on Friday... I think my computer updated over the weekend, and now the code throws an error. Can't understand why, any help is much appreciated.
# recreate first 5 rows of the data (full df is ~142000 rows) lis <- structure(list(datetime = structure(c(1372662000, 1372662900, 1372663800, 1372664700, 1372665600), class = c("POSIXct", "POSIXt" ), tzone = ""), year = c(2013, 2013, 2013, 2013, 2013), month = structure(c(7L, 7L, 7L, 7L, 7L), .Label = c("January", "February", "March", "April", "May", "June", "July", "August", "September", "October", "November", "December"), class = "factor"), value = c(-95, -132, -196, -234, -236)), row.names = c(NA, -5L), class = c("tbl_df", "tbl", "data.frame" )) # compute daily mean flow and plot: lis %>% mutate(date = as.Date(datetime)) %>% # get rid of hms group_by(date) %>% mutate(meanflow = mean(value)) %>% ungroup() %>% filter(!duplicated(date)) %>% # this is where the error happens ggplot() + geom_line(aes(x = date, y = meanflow))
The error I get is:
Error in duplicated.default(date) : duplicated() applies only to vectors
as.vector() does not help;
ymd function fills the date column with NAs (although that's probably just a formatting issue I could troubleshoot).
I realize that naming something
date is a bad idea... but I've tried with different names and get the same error.
R version 3.5.1 (2018-07-02) Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0 (64-bit) Running under: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Matrix products: default BLAS: /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib LAPACK: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.5/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib locale:  en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8 attached base packages:  stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base other attached packages:  bindrcpp_0.2.2 lubridate_1.7.4 DWR_0.0.0.9000 ybp_0.1.0 fishtrackr_0.1.0 forcats_0.3.0 stringr_1.3.1 dplyr_0.7.6  purrr_0.2.5 readr_1.1.1 tidyr_0.8.1 tibble_1.4.2 ggplot2_3.0.0 tidyverse_1.2.1 loaded via a namespace (and not attached):  Rcpp_0.12.18 compiler_3.5.1 cellranger_1.1.0 pillar_1.3.0 plyr_1.8.4 bindr_0.1.1 tools_3.5.1 jsonlite_1.5  gtable_0.2.0 nlme_3.1-137 lattice_0.20-35 pkgconfig_2.0.1 rlang_0.2.1 cli_1.0.0 rstudioapi_0.7 yaml_2.2.0  haven_1.1.2 withr_2.1.2 xml2_1.2.0 httr_1.3.1 hms_0.4.2 grid_3.5.1 tidyselect_0.2.4 glue_1.3.0  R6_2.2.2 readxl_1.1.0 modelr_0.1.2 magrittr_1.5 backports_1.1.2 scales_0.5.0 rvest_0.3.2 assertthat_0.2.0  colorspace_1.3-2 stringi_1.2.4 lazyeval_0.2.1 munsell_0.5.0 broom_0.5.0 crayon_1.3.4