Error in install.packages.

Error in install.packages : cannot open file 'C:/Users/user/Documents/R/win-library/3.6/file2be034c73f6c/gdata/doc/gregmisc.pdf': Permission denied

I'm assuming from this error that you're trying to install the gdata package on R 3.6. I'd just like to make you aware that this is not clear from your post and including the original line which caused the error would greatly assist other RStudio Community Users:

install.packages("gdata")

(also surrounding text in back-ticks (left of the 1 key on most computers) helps to make code read much clearer)

This file does indeed seem to be corrupt, but it isn't recorded as a vignette, so it shouldn't really be accessed. It's probably a relic that the developers haven't removed, however the library is installing fine on my system.

First suggestion would be to update your R version to 4.0+, which might fix the problem. If it persists, please let us know what operating system are you using and whether you have admin rights on your system?

If you run the command sessionInfo() and then paste the output within your next comment (surrounded by a line of triple back-ticks above and below for code formatting), it might make it easier for us to diagnose.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.