Error in install tidyverse

Hello all,

I have a MacBook Air version 10.14.6 (MacOS Mojave) and installed R version R 3.6.3 GUI 1.70 El Capitan build and RStudio version 2021.09.1+372. Newer versions couldn't be opened.
While installing the tidyverse and car packages I receive a Error message (see below). Does anyone have a solution to use these packages? Sorry for the long text, it is what appears when I try to install tidyverse.
Thanks a lot!
Marie-Laure

PACKAGE TIDYVERSE

install.packages("tidyverse")
also installing the dependencies ‘sys’, ‘bit’, ‘sass’, ‘cachem’, ‘memoise’, ‘base64enc’, ‘fastmap’, ‘rappdirs’, ‘rematch’, ‘askpass’, ‘bit64’, ‘prettyunits’, ‘processx’, ‘yaml’, ‘xfun’, ‘bslib’, ‘htmltools’, ‘jquerylib’, ‘tinytex’, ‘assertthat’, ‘blob’, ‘DBI’, ‘dplyr’, ‘data.table’, ‘scales’, ‘gargle’, ‘uuid’, ‘cellranger’, ‘curl’, ‘ids’, ‘mime’, ‘openssl’, ‘timechange’, ‘clipr’, ‘vroom’, ‘tzdb’, ‘progress’, ‘callr’, ‘knitr’, ‘rmarkdown’, ‘selectr’, ‘broom’, ‘dbplyr’, ‘dtplyr’, ‘forcats’, ‘ggplot2’, ‘googledrive’, ‘googlesheets4’, ‘haven’, ‘hms’, ‘httr’, ‘lubridate’, ‘modelr’, ‘readr’, ‘readxl’, ‘reprex’, ‘rvest’, ‘xml2’

There are binary versions available but the source versions are later:
binary source needs_compilation
sys 3.4 3.4.1 TRUE
bit 4.0.4 4.0.5 TRUE
sass 0.4.0 0.4.4 TRUE
processx 3.5.2 3.8.0 TRUE
yaml 2.2.2 2.3.6 TRUE
xfun 0.29 0.35 TRUE
bslib 0.2.5.1 0.4.1 FALSE
htmltools 0.5.2 0.5.4 TRUE
(...)
tidyverse 1.3.1 1.3.2 FALSE

Do you want to install from sources the packages which need compilation? (Yes/no/cancel) no

(...)

The downloaded binary packages are in
/var/folders/d6/0p2sr77s7fv9px9p18rsz26m0000gn/T//Rtmpv5hZ4e/downloaded_packages
installing the source packages ‘bslib’, ‘tinytex’, ‘blob’, ‘DBI’, ‘scales’, ‘gargle’, ‘clipr’, ‘callr’, ‘knitr’, ‘rmarkdown’, ‘broom’, ‘dbplyr’, ‘dtplyr’, ‘forcats’, ‘ggplot2’, ‘googlesheets4’, ‘hms’, ‘httr’, ‘modelr’, ‘reprex’, ‘rvest’, ‘tidyverse’

(...)
Fehler in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]) :
there is no package called ‘colorspace’
Ruft auf: ... loadNamespace -> withRestarts -> withOneRestart -> doWithOneRestart
Ausführung angehalten
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package ‘scales’

• removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/scales’
  • installing source package ‘clipr’ ...

(...)
The downloaded source packages are in
‘/private/var/folders/d6/0p2sr77s7fv9px9p18rsz26m0000gn/T/Rtmpv5hZ4e/downloaded_packages’

Try install.packages("colorspace"), then retry.

Thanks a lot @technocrat, unfortunately it doesn't work after installing colorspace, there is an other error message.
Do you have any other idea how to solve this problem? To you think the older version of R and RStudio might be a problem? Newer versions couldn't be opened on my MacBook.

Or might there be a relation with this message?

The downloaded binary packages are in
/var/folders/d6/0p2sr77s7fv9px9p18rsz26m0000gn/T//Rtmpv5hZ4e/downloaded_packages
installing the source packages ‘scales’, ‘callr’, ‘knitr’, ‘rmarkdown’, ‘broom’, ‘dbplyr’, ‘ggplot2’, ‘modelr’, ‘reprex’, ‘tidyverse’

What was the message. If it was related to a compiling error, try again and if offered the option to install from source, choose “no.”

Is updating Mojave an option?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.