error in intall.packages (tidyverse) and intall.packages (rio)

I am new to Rstudio and when I want to load/install pacman(pacman, psych, party, rio, and tidyverse), I could not load/install rio and tidyverse. Then I try to install them manually but it turns out as
"Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
there is no package called ‘stringi’"
"Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘rio’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
there is no package called ‘stringi’"

Could anyone help?

Try installing the missing package

install.packages("stringi")

Do you get any error message while doing so?

Thanks,it then says:
checking for local ICUDT_DIR... icu69/data
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in /private/var/folders/f8/962b59gx0g3_52pbbvpwrk680000gn/T/Rtmpv8QGma/R.INSTALL5be76b0dfbb/stringi': configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables See config.log' for more details
ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘stringi’

• removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.2/Resources/library/stringi’
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘stringi’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
‘/private/var/folders/f8/962b59gx0g3_52pbbvpwrk680000gn/T/RtmpyuWMCh/downloaded_packages’

Is it done or not?

Can you post the complete console output you get? I think you are omitting some important parts but from what you are showing I can guess you are missing the recommended development tools for macOS systems and you are trying to compile stringi from source.
https://mac.r-project.org/tools/

If that is the case you can choose to install the binary version that is a little older but doesn't require any extra compiler to be installed or you can install the aforementioned development tools and compile from source

I 'm also having trouble installing tidyverse.

library(tidyverse)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
there is no package called ‘stringi’

I've downloaded Xcode, have not solved the issue sofar.

There are now compiled binaries of the latest version of {stringi} on CRAN. Try installing again.

Thanks. I just installed "string" and it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.