Error in plot.default(...) : formal argument "axes" matched by multiple actual arguments

I am trying to follow the instructions from this website : https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/bivariate/vignettes/bivariate.pdf (page 14)

To replicate the above styles of plots. enter image description here

I tried to make my own data for this:

e.g.

a = rnorm(100,100,100)
b = rnorm(100,100,100)
c = rnorm(100,100,100)
d = data.frame(a,b,c)

plot (d, theme="blue",
        axes = c (TRUE, FALSE), xat = c (-1.5, 1.5) )

But this produces the following error:

Error in plot.default(...) : 
  formal argument "axes" matched by multiple actual arguments

I tried removing one of the variables:

d$c = NULL

plot (d, theme="blue",

But this produces a different graph, not the one I want

Can someone please tell me why my visualizations are not looking like the ones from the tutorial?

If you look at "f" in the example, it is not a data frame. It is a complex function with 6 slots. The plot function is not the base plot either. It is calling "plot.BV" within the package.

Thank you for your reply!

I tried the following code:

a = rnorm(100,100,100)
b = rnorm(100,100,100)
c = rnorm(100,100,100)
d = data.frame(a,b,c)

plot.BV(d, theme="blue",

But i still get a similar error:

Error in UseMethod("bv.plotf") : 
  no applicable method for 'bv.plotf' applied to an object of class "data.frame"

Do you know what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

You are still passing a data frame to the plot.BV function. As pointed out by @D.H.Slone, that function takes an object of the class returned by the bmbvpdf function. As the error message says, plot.BV does not know what to do with a data frame. You need to make an object with bmbvpdf() and pass that to the plot function.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.