Error in SQL connection from RStudio server in debian - Server not found in Kerberos database

I am trying to create a ODBC connection to a SQL server instance from my RStudio server on Debian 9.

As the username i have to access the DB is registered under a windows domain, i went through the kerberos installation process. I already installed and configured Kerberos client and its working ok. After running kinit i get no output :+1::

admonda@campbell:/etc$ kinit -f username
Password for username@YYYYY.NET:
admonda@campbell:/etc$

Going back to R, when trying to create the connection, i get a kerberos error. I think im half way but missing something

library(RODBC)
library(odbc)
con <- dbConnect(odbc::odbc(),
                 Driver = "ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server",
                 server = "172.30.19.66\\mydb", # remember \\ if your path has a \
                 database = "mydb1",
                 uid = "YYYYY\\username",
                 pwd = "mypassword",
                 Trusted_Connection= "Yes" )

_

Error: nanodbc/nanodbc.cpp:1021: 00000: [unixODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]SSPI Provider: Server not found in Kerberos database  [unixODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]Cannot generate SSPI context

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.