Error in the code execution in RStudio: the condition has length> 1 and only the first element will be used

Hello, this is my first question!

Initially I had created a .rmd document with R, on a windows 10 home 64 bit system, by default the encoding is ANSI (Spanish_Spain.1252), after converting the file to another with UTF-8 encoding I use it with RStudio to generate with knitr a .pdf document

I have to use RStudio to generate the output because when I try to render from R with rmarkdown :: render () it finds when processing the code dataframes created from R with non-utf-8 encoding.

I'm adjusting the code to improve the output, and I find every time I run a set of lines with this error, repeating multiple times (for this code 4 times):

la condici�n tiene longitud > 1 y s�lo el primer elemento ser� usado

When executing the following lines in R, the behavior is as expected, it shows the html output of the table in the default browser. Also I can run knitr / knitr to PDF for all code without errors. I know this is unexpected behavior but it is my problem.

municipio <- "Murcia"
ejercicio <- "2019" #
columnas <- c("Municipio","Año","Esfuerzo Social","Población","Esfuerzo Social por Habitante","Ranking Esfuerzo Social por Habitante","Esfuerzo Total","Relevancia Esfuerzo Social","Ranking Relevancia Esfuerzo Social")
#formato.tabla <- c("striped", "hover", "condensed", "responsive")
formato.tabla <- c("hover", "condensed", "responsive")

df <- subset(esfuerzolocalsocialcapitales[order(-esfuerzolocalsocialcapitales$'Esfuerzo Social por Habitante'),], Año==ejercicio, columnas)
names(df)[names(df)=="Esfuerzo Social por Habitante"] <- 'EsSoHa'
names(df)[names(df)=="Ranking Esfuerzo Social por Habitante"] <- 'Ranking EsSoHa'
names(df)[names(df)=="Relevancia Esfuerzo Social"] <- 'ReEsSo'
names(df)[names(df)=="Ranking Relevancia Esfuerzo Social"] <- 'Ranking ReEsSo'

df %>%
  mutate ('EsSoHa' = currency(`EsSoHa`, "€", digits=2, format="f", big.mark = ".", decimal.mark = ",")) %>%
  mutate ('ReEsSo' = percent(`ReEsSo`, format="f", digits=2)) %>%
 kable(caption=paste("Esfuerzo Social por Habitante ", ejercicio, " ", ".", "Capitales de provincia." , sep=" "), 
  row.names=F, digits = 2, 
  format.args = list(big.mark = ".", decimal.mark = ",")) %>%
 kable_styling(bootstrap_options = formato.tabla, 
  html_font="\"Trebuchet MS\", verdana, sans-serif", 
  full_width = F, fixed_thead = T) %>%
# kable_classic(lightable_options = c("striped", "hover"), 
#  html_font="\"Trebuchet MS\", verdana, sans-serif", 
#  full_width = F, fixed_thead = T) %>%
 row_spec(0, bold=T, monospace=F, color="white", background="#7B7B7B") %>%
 row_spec(grep(paste("^",municipio,"$",sep=""),df$Municipio), bold=T, color="white", background="#C31A00") %>%
 column_spec(grep("^EsSoHa$",colnames(df)), bold=T) %>%
 footnote(general="Elaboración propia con datos del Ministerio de Hacienda.", general_title = "Nota: ") %>%
 footnote(number=c("EsSoHa : Esfuerzo Social por Habitante : Esfuerzo Social / Habitantes",
  "Ranking EsSoHa : Clasificación de los municipios según el Esfuerzo Social por Habitante",
  "ReEsSo : Relevancia Esfuerzo Social : Esfuerzo Social / Esfuerzo Total",
  "Ranking ReEsSo : Clasificación de los municipios según la Relevancia Esfuerzo Social"))

Hi!

To help us help you, could you please prepare a reproducible example (reprex) illustrating your issue? Please have a look at this guide, to see how to create one:

I hope it can help the community. In this case, the unexpected behavior has been fixed by changing the setting in "Edit the R markdown format options for the current file", selecting "Chunk Output in Console", previously it was set to "Chunk Output Inline". Options Available When Opening an RMarkDown .rmd File

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.