Error installing kableExtra

Hello to all

I'm new to RStudio, so i hope i dont waste the time of you guys.
We have a problem regarding Package Installation.

Versions:

• R for Windows = 4.0.4
  • RStudio = RStudio Desktop 1.4.1106

In the Beginning everything worked fine until a coworker tryed to install the package "kableExtra" and tryed to create a PDF using "knitr", the Error shown was the following:

output file: MDR_Project_Testtest.knit.md
"C:/Program Files/RStudio/bin/pandoc/pandoc" +RTS -K512m -RTS MDR_Projec_Testtest.uft.8.md -- to html4 -- from markdown+autolink_bare_uris+tex_math_single_backslash --output MDR_Project_Testtest.html --lua-filter "\\Servershare\users\homes\usershare\MyDocuments\R\win-library\4.0\rmarkdown\rmarkdown\lua\pagebreak.lua\ --lua-filter "\\Servershare\users\Homes\usershare\MyDocuments\R\win-library\4.0\rmarkdown\rmarkdown\lua\latex-div.lua" --email-obfuscation none --self-contained -- standalone --section-divs --template "\\Servershare\users\homes\usershare\MyDocuments\R\win-library\4.0\rmarkdown\rmd\h\default.html" --no-highlight --variable highlightjs=1 --variable "theme:bootstrap" --include-in-headr "C:\users\usershare\appdata\local\temp\Rtmp2RDJup\rmarkdown-str1599c5bdd3075.html" --mathjax --variable "mathjax-url:https://mathjax.rstudio.com/latest/MathJax.js?config =Tex-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML"
pandoc.exe \\:openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or dierctory)
Fehler: pandoc document conversion failed with error 1
Zusätzlich Warnmeldung:
package 'kableExtra' was built under R version 4.0.3
Ausführung angehalten.

Since were all no expert regarding RStudio, we tryed to deinstall the R for Windows, RStudio and all packages that were installed by the coworker. Reinstalled R for Windows and RStudio with the Versions above and then tryed to install the package "kableExtra" again. This time resulting in the Error:

Installing 'kableExtra' ...
Installing package into '\\Servershare/users/homes/usershare/MyDocuments/R/win-library/4.0'
(as 'lib' is unspecified)

There is a binary version available but the source version is later:
            binary source needs_compilation
kableExtra 1.3.1 1.3.4 FALSE
installing the source package 'kableExtra' 

versuche URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/kableExtra_1.3.4.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 1646490 bytes (1.6MB)
===========================================
downloaded 1.6MB

"\\Servershare\users\homes\usershare\MyDocuments"
CMD.EXE wurde mit dem oben angegebenen Pfad als aktuellem Verzeichnis gestartet.
UNF-Pfade werden nicht unterstützt
Stattdessen wird das Windows-Verzeichnis als aktuelles Verzeichnis gesetzt.
*installing *source* package 'kableExtra' ...
**Paket 'kableExtra' erfolgreich entpackt und MD5 Summen überprüft
**using staged installation

I try to resolve this Problem by setting the Default Library:

But nothing i tryed so could solve the problem. And i have been at it for almost 2 days. Sorry is some textpassages are in german, but the coworkers System ist set to german. If somebody would have an idea, please share.

Thanks & KR
Matthias

R has problems with network drives very frequently, try setting your library on a local folder instead.

You can change the default library folder by setting your R_LIBS_SITE environmental variable on a .Reviron or .Rprofile file

# In a .Renviron file you can set it by adding this line
R_LIBS_SITE="C:\\Program Files\\R\\R-4.0.3\\library"

For a more detailed explanation, you can read this blog post

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.