Error loading tidyverse and other packages on my Mac

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/dplyr/libs/dplyr.so':
dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/dplyr/libs/dplyr.so, 6): Symbol not found: ___cxa_uncaught_exceptions
Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/lib/libc++.1.dylib
Expected in: /usr/lib/libc++abi.dylib
in /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/lib/libc++.1.dylib

1 Like

Hi, and welcome!

For future reference, please see the FAQ: What's a reproducible example (`reprex`) and how do I do one? Using a reprex, complete with representative data will attract quicker and more answers.

Do you see the following from a terminal window:

$ 529:  ls -l  /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/lib/ | grep libc.*
-rwxrwxr-x  1 root  admin   825K Dec 12 10:55 libc++.1.dylib*
-rwxrwxr-x  1 root  admin   212K Dec 12 10:55 libc++abi.1.dylib*

No, I downloaded from the R website directly. It's so painful that I had to halt my thesis because of this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

It looks like something may have gone wrong in your R installation. You didn't install from Anaconda by any chance?

No. I didn't nsee anything like this from the terminal window

If I was you I would simply start again with a clean R installation and package library.

About your thesis, there are alternatives you can use while you fix your problem, like RStudio Cloud for example.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I really appreciate your help

1 Like