Error loading tidyverse library - Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]): there is no package called ‘dplyr’

I am running the latest version of Rstudio (1.1.453) on Mac. Since installing the latest version of R-Studio, I can no longer get tidyverse package to load. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

I get the following error message.

library("tidyverse", lib.loc="/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.5/Resources/library")
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
there is no package called ‘dplyr’

It seems you are missing the dplyr :package:. Are you findind it the package ? Just try to install it in a clean session

install.packages("dplyr") 

Try again then and see if it is the only one. It should have been installed with tidyverse, you could also try again.

Nothing to do with new rstudio version I think.