Error Message - geom_path: Each group consists of only one observation. Do you need to adjust the group aesthetic?

Hello! I am a very new R user and am trying to create a facet-wrapped line graph with each group highlighted in its own little graph, so I can avoid a spaghetti line graph. (Like the graph at the bottom of this page: The Spaghetti plot).

However, when I use my own data, I'm getting the error message: geom_path: Each group consists of only one observation. Do you need to adjust
the group aesthetic?
-- I'm not sure what this means - If I don't facet wrap, I can pull one group out of the spaghetti and highlight it without a problem.

I'm pasting in my code here. Any thoughts are very welcome! I'm totally stuck!

tmp %>%
  ggplot( aes(x=Years, y=Amount)) +
  geom_line( data=tmp %>% dplyr::select(-Good), aes(group=Good2), color="grey", size=0.5, alpha=0.5) +
  geom_line( aes(color=Good), color="#69b3a2", size=1.2 )+
  scale_color_viridis(discrete = TRUE) +
  theme_ipsum() +
  theme(
    legend.position="none",
    plot.title = element_text(size=14),
    panel.grid = element_blank()
  ) +
  ggtitle("English Exports to Africa, 1699-1800") +
  facet_wrap(~Good)
#> Error in tmp %>% ggplot(aes(x = Years, y = Amount)): could not find function "%>%"

See the FAQ: How to do a minimal reproducible example reprex for beginners. This is missing data to work with. It's harder to attract answers if the problem has to be reverse engineered.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.