Error message running tidyverse after updating to R3.6.2

I updated RStudio(3.6.2) on my MacBook AIr(mac OS Big Sur, version 11.6.6) and downloaded the tidy verse package.But when I load [library(tidyverse)]I receive the following error message:
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
namespace ‘broom’ 0.5.4 is being loaded, but >= 0.7.6 is required
Equally when I try to load ggplot2[library(ggplot2)] I receive the error message:
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘ggplot2’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
namespace ‘rlang’ 0.4.4 is already loaded, but >= 0.4.10 is required
Please I appreciate assistance from anyone so I can continue reading the R for data science book please.

This is asking you to update the broom package

install.packages("broom")

And this is asking you to update the rlang package

install.packages("rlang")

Also, this is your R version, not your RStudio version, they are not the same thing and they have independent versions, and by the way, R 3.6.2 is a very old version so since you are updating you might want to install the latest version which is 4.2.0

Many thanks.
I installed both but when I load tidy verse I get the following error message:
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
namespace ‘ggplot2’ 3.2.1 is being loaded, but >= 3.3.3 is required
Perhaps you may suggest any option.
The ggplot2 has no issues though.There was no error message returned.

Since your are using a very old R version, this pattern is very likely to repeat several times, you just have to update the packages you are being asked to.

install.packages("ggplot2")

Our den better, update all your packages in advance with

update.packages(checkBuilt = TRUE, ask = FALSE)

Well on the RStudio web site there is a tab: download RStudio for Mac
2022.02.3+492|216.41MB
Is this the latest version?

That is the latest RStudio version, but that is not the same as your R version. RStudio is an IDE for the R programming language, they are not the same thing or substitutes of each other.

Thanks.
How to I update to the current version?
Is the download link on the RStudio for Mac the new version?

If what you want is to update R, then download the latest version from here

https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/

If what you want is to update RStudio then use the link on the RStudio website

So much clarity provided.Thanks a million for your kind assistance.
I have installed R and RStudio.
All work.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.