Error Message when trying to install Rcmdr on Mac OS

I followed an installation video for installing Rcmdr on Mac OS and received the following error message after installing the Rcmdr package and choosing a CRAN mirror. I am using R GUI version 4.0.2. I am new to the software and am unsure what the issue is here. Any advice is appreciated.

Edit: I also have just updated the software to the newest version and the problem still persists.

> library(Rcmdr)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘Rcmdr’:
 .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'tcltk', details:
  call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)
  error: unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/tcltk.so':
  dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/tcltk.so, 10): Library not loaded: /opt/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/tcltk.so
  Reason: image not found
In addition: Warning message:
In system2("/usr/bin/otool", c("-L", shQuote(DSO)), stdout = TRUE) :
  running command ''/usr/bin/otool' -L '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/tcltk/libs//tcltk.so'' had status 1
xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

It seems like you are missing xquartz and xcode in your system (not in R), try installing them.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.