Error Opening Project

Hello,
Last time I was working in this project I got the the blue screen. After some reboots and removing some windows latest update all went back to normal.

However when I tried today to open the project again I get the following message:
"Error Opening the Project:
Project '~ xqiwuwqiuhqwwqi' could not be opened: The project file did not include a Version attribute (it may have been created by a more recent version RStudio)"

The hypothesis described between parentheses is not true and if I open the several scripts in the project folder... I can. I just cannot open the project file.

I guess that the problem was created in the blue screen moment...
Does someone has a clue of what this is?

Thanks

Does the issue go away if you delete the .Rproj file and then re-open or re-create the project? (It sounds like that project file may have become corrupt after your computer crashed.)

Sorry, I don't have any good idea as to what could be causing this.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Kevin,
Yes the problem goes away if I do that. Kind of easy solution.
That's how I tackled it in the short moment.

However and because it happened a couple of times I just would like to understand why this happens. Also my search about that error statement didn't retrieve any result so I became very curious of this special error :slight_smile:

Thanks for you reply