Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘caret’ in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...): ICU init failed: U_FILE_ACCESS_ERROR

Hello,

When I tried loading my caret and my tidyverse package, it runs this error:
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...):
ICU init failed: U_FILE_ACCESS_ERROR

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘caret’ in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...):
ICU init failed: U_FILE_ACCESS_ERROR

I have tried reinstalling the packages, restarting my RStudio, updating my R, and deleting the source file of where the packages are downloaded and redownloading the packages. The last thing I haven't done is uninstalled and reinstalled R and RStudio. Is there any other steps I could do before I do this?

It depends on the operating system. I'd try first loading caret in a new session to see if that works and report back.

Hello,

I'm on Windows. New session as in a new script? I just tried it in a new script as well and no luck.

A new session, in RStudio is started with menu Session | Restart R. The reason is that under Win, at least, there may be conflicting calls on the underlying dynamic link library.

Hello,

Yes I restarted R three times and also restarted my computer as well.

OK. Can you paste the output of sessionInfo() ?

The caret package has a lot of dependencies (other packages) and they must all be present to work. I can't test this, because I don't have a Wintel box, but this may work, from the RStudio console pane.

uninstall.packages('caret')
install.packages('caret', repos='http://cran.rstudio.com/', dependencies = c("Depends", "Imports")

Unfortunately it doesn't work. .. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling R as well and it still doesn't work.

Eliminating causes is a source of progress. Next, possibly,

update.packages(ask=FALSE, checkBuilt=TRUE)

followed by install("caret")

Hi, I have the same problem, could you fix it? How? please!!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.