Error: pandoc document conversion failed with error 61 #10735

Continuing the discussion from I can't knit Rmd-files to pdf:

Please ask your questions about R Markdown here.

Finally I think found a solution which works after installing R 3.4.4 and RStudio 1.1.442 at my new Laptop and getting the same troubles.
What solved the problem was to create a Renviron file :
file.edit("~/.Renviron")
and setting there a local path like this R_USER="C:/Users/my_name"
Now knitting with self_contained: yes is possible without error

The errors suppose not occur because that's human being and purposely use specific words...

Reference :

Pandoc Error 61

For example: Error: pandoc document conversion failed with error 61 or Could not fetch...

Try running RStudio as administrator (right click icon, select run as admin, see above instructions)
Also see if the specific package that was unable to be reached can be moved to C: library.

Source : 49 R on network drives | The Epidemiologist R Handbook

By refer to above solution, try to run as admin but doesn't help, somebody take a look?

:~$ sudo rstudio
TTY detected. Printing informational message about logging configuration. Logging configuration loaded from '/etc/rstudio/logging.conf'. Logging to '/root/.local/share/rstudio/log/rdesktop.log'.
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
Empty filename passed to function
Empty filename passed to function
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 5082, resource id: 39864422, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0

Updated from GitHub

(ConnectionFailure Network.Socket.getAddrInfo (called with preferred socket type/protocol: AddrInfo {addrFlags = [AI_ADDRCONFIG], addrFamily = AF_UNSPEC, addrSocketType = Stream, addrProtocol = 0, addrAddress = 0.0.0.0:0, addrCanonName = Nothing}, host name: Just "www.youtube.com", service name: Just "443"): does not exist (Try again))
错误: pandoc document conversion failed with error 61

Based on the error above, that's socket 443 issue...

443端口:即网页浏览端口,主要是用于HTTPS服务,是提供加密和通过安全端口传输的另一种HTTP。

443端口:HTTPS服务一般是通过SSL(安全套接字层)来保证安全性的,但是SSL漏洞可能会受到黑客的攻击,比如可以黑掉在线银行系统,盗取信用卡账号等

(ConnectionFailure Network.Socket.getAddrInfo (called with preferred socket type/protocol: AddrInfo {addrFlags = [AI_ADDRCONFIG], addrFamily = AF_UNSPEC, addrSocketType = Stream, addrProtocol = 0, addrAddress = 0.0.0.0:0, addrCanonName = Nothing}, host name: Just "stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com", service name: Just "443"): does not exist (Name does not resolve))
Error: pandoc document conversion failed with error 61
Execution halted

SOLVED: Dear @seankross, It knitted HTML but it broke.

When I changed my directory to local, it works perfectly.
I have used my project in Dropbox before.

That's same error which is socket 443 problem as well... The problem for me is that my local Linux :penguin: same with RStudio.Cloud... Somebody take a look and discuss?

• Believed that the socket 443 has love scammer concerns
  • Don't get involve my families (all :airplane:MH17 victims since Ukraine event which do not get involved in gambling nor scammer) and I am also victim used to cheat by recruitment agency to Philippines year 2019, I am not scammer but only quantitative trading in financial market (but not gambling market nor scammer).

Issue 1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O8qPQNz8Q8Y" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

embed through html faced error pandoc 61, tried to use vembedr is workable but unable auto-resize and order in one line in sequence as describe via below Github link.

Issue 2

a) r embed_url('https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Lq4y1v7mT?share_source=copy_web') something like BiliBili doesn't provide service.

<iframe src="//player.bilibili.com/player.html?aid=594939556&bvid=BV1Lq4y1v7mT&cid=554715869&page=1" scrolling="no" border="0" frameborder="no" framespacing="0" allowfullscreen="true"> </iframe>

b) Its blank when embed through html above.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.