Error publishing shiny app

I'm trying to publish that works fine on my local session, but get a long list of errors, which includes the following. Would anyone be able to provide any insight into what's going wrong? Thanks in advance.

Preparing to deploy application...
DONE Uploading bundle for application: 564650...
Could not find bibliography file: biblio.bib
Error running filter /usr/local/bin/pandoc-citeproc:
Filter returned error status 1
Could not find bibliography file: biblio.bib
Error running filter /usr/local/bin/pandoc-citeproc: Filter returned error status 1
Could not find bibliography file: Rcpp
File styles.css not found in resource path
Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘prettydoc’ Calls: <Anonymous> ... tryCatch -> tryCatchList -> tryCatchOne -> <Anonymous> In addition: Warning messages: 1: In get_engine(options$engine) : Unknown language engine 'cpp' (must be registered via knit_engines$set()). 2: In get_engine(options$engine) : Unknown language engine 'cpp' (must be registered via knit_engines$set()). 3: code chunks must not depend on the uncached chunk "isOddRcpp" Execution halted

Does your app directly use the prettydoc R package?

Does your app directly use a biblio.bib file?

Are all of your packages downloaded from CRAN? (or are some packages provided locally)

I don't believe it uses the prettydoc R package directly. I can run the app locally without a library(prettydoc) statement.

I also don't believe it uses a biblio.bib file directly either. At least it's not something I added knowingly.

I downloaded all of the packages using install.packages, stored them in a directory, and then called them using library statements in the shiny app.

Where are you publishing the app to?

Trying to figure out why:

• pandoc is failing due to not finding a biblio.bib file
  • Rcpp is trying to have a bib file
  • cpp is being used as a language for knitr.

Is this a shiny app in a .R file, or is it an Rmarkdown file in an .Rmd file?

I was actually just able to publish! I think most of my problems were related to trying to specify the library path (e.g. library(shiny, lib="path to package")). Once I removed the path it worked.

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.