Error Deploying to shinyapps.io - Database Connection Issue Event

For current status of this issue on shinyapps.io, please see status.RStudio.com

I'm getting this error when I try to deploy:

Error in curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle) :
Could not resolve host: shinyapps-upload.s3.amazonaws.com
Calls: ... tryCatch -> tryCatchList -> tryCatchOne ->
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In fileDependencies.R(file) :
Failed to parse C:/Users/charles/AppData/Local/Temp/Rtmpw55Twl/file50e07d6067e2/old/ui_ - Copy.R ; dependencies in this file will not be discovered.
2: In fileDependencies.R(file) :
Failed to parse C:/Users/charles/AppData/Local/Temp/Rtmpw55Twl/file50e07d6067e2/old/ui___.R ; dependencies in this file will not be discovered.
3: In fileDependencies.R(file) :
Failed to parse C:/Users/charles/AppData/Local/Temp/Rtmpw55Twl/file50e07d6067e2/server - Copy.R ; dependencies in this file will not be discovered.
Timing stopped at: 0.05 0.03 0.08
Execution halted

4 Likes

Ah, I have a problem with amazon too
Is not connecting to the database
That makes two of us so far

2 Likes

My application seems to work but I can't redeploy it. Ouch.

oh

I noticed that you have folders named "old" or files named "copy". If you're not using them for your app, I recommend to move them somewhere else, and just upload the files that you need. It helped me once.

(Also, check that your already deployed app is working, I can't solve my problem)

I am having the same issue. My apps with database connections to Google Cloud Platform are not able to connect to the databases. I have all shinyapps IP addresses whitelisted per the documentation 3.8.4 of the shinyapps user guide

Perhaps shinyapps added a new IP that needs to be whitelisted??

The apps were able to connect to the GCP databases while running on Shinyapps this morning, but just recently they can no longer connect. I can connect to the GCP database just fine from my local computer.

2 Likes

Same problem, identical time line. This morning my mates were able to use it and by noon it stopped.
Who can we tag to get their attention in here?

Similar issue with Rpostgresql unable to connect to RDS.

Having same issue, unable to connect to AWS db from shinyapps.io

3 Likes

I am also having the same issue! With mongoDB and MySQL. Someone HELP!

3 Likes

I can also confirm that DB connections are no longer made when trying to deploy a shiny apps to shinyapps.io. Maybe @josh or someone from RStudio might be able to help

3 Likes

Connections to Azure SQL database failing for us today too.

1 Like

FYI :

Does anyone have any update on this? When it is likely to be resolved or are we able to do anything to clear cache etc.

1 Like

Experiencing the exact same problem when trying to deploy shiny app:
Error in curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle) :
Could not resolve host: shinyapps-upload.s3.amazonaws.com

Incident finally reported : https://status.rstudio.com

2 Likes

Hi folks,

We believe that we have identified an issue which likely causing problems with applications connecting to external data sources. This past July, we announced that we would be adding additional outgoing IP addresses to our service. These IP addresses became active yesterday as part of our routine maintenance. If your application is connecting to an external data source that restricts access by IP address, you are likely affected by this change and you will need to update your firewalls and/or whitelists to include the new IP addresses. Please take a look at this support article for more information about allowing inbound connections from our service:

I apologize for the inconvenienced this has caused.

Moved from New IP addresses as of 8/10/2019

Regarding the today issue (Error publishing to shinyapps.io), it is NOT due to an issue of not granted ip adresses. I am using a DB without any IP adresses restrictions and it does not work. You should investigate DNS issues (yesterday AWS suffered from a DDOS that affected their DNS servers).

7 Likes

Adding the new IP addresses to the firewall did not solve the issue for us.

4 Likes

Regarding the today issue, it is NOT due to an issue of not granted ip adresses. I am using a DB without any IP adresses restrictions and it does not work.

3 Likes

Adding these new IP addresses does not work - the problem is more likely to do with DNS/DDOS

1 Like