Error running brms model on Rstudio cloud

Hi,

I was playing with the lagged SAR model example provided here when I encountered the error saying:

Error in compileCode(f, code, language = language, verbose = verbose) : Compilation ERROR, function(s)/method(s) not created! In file included from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/BH/include/boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp:28:0, from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/BH/include/boost/shared_ptr.hpp:17, from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/StanHeaders/include/stan/math/prim/mat/fun/LDLT_factor.hpp:7, from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/StanHeaders/include/stan/math/prim/mat/err/check_ldlt_factor.hpp:6, from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/StanHeaders/include/stan/math/prim/mat.hpp:33, from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/StanHeaders/include/stan/math/rev/mat.hpp:12, from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5/StanHeaders/include/stan/math.hpp:4, from /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-libr

Show Traceback

Error in sink(type = "output") : invalid connection

The same code runs smoothly on my local machine but not on Rstudio Cloud. Not really sure what's going on.

Thanks.

Stan models are memory hungry, and currently rstudio.cloud is limited to 1 GB of RAM. You are likely exceeding that and the process is being killed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.