Error starting R (studio)

Need some HELP! The error code shows:
The R session failed to start.

ERROR MESSAGE

[No error available]

PROCESS OUTPUT

The R session process exited with code 6 .

ERRORS

dyld: Symbol not found: _GEkillDevice Referenced from: /Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/rsession Expected in: flat namespace in /Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/rsession

OUTPUT

[No output emitted]

RECENT LOG

Log File [No logs available]

Any ideas to solve this problem?

I have the exact same problem. I have yet to find a solution.

?

Hey, thanks. I followed the instruction and still would not show up. But in the terminal it says:

Macs-MacBook-Air:~ macuser$ export DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/lib/libR.dylib

Macs-MacBook-Air:~ macuser$ /Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/RStudio

[35828:3664666:20200707,094405.682274:WARNING process_memory_mac.cc:93] mach_vm_read(0x7ffee431f000, 0x2000): (os/kern) invalid address (1)

[35828:3664666:20200707,094405.825797:WARNING system_snapshot_mac.cc:42] sysctlbyname kern.nx: No such file or directory (2)

"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'notifyRCrashed' of undefined"

Also when I tried "Which R", <- the second instruction from the link

Macs-MacBook-Air:~ macuser$ which R

/usr/local/bin/R

Any insights to these?

I am having exactly the same problem. Did you ever get this fixed?

Nope, still a problem even with the newest releases for both R and R studio, so I have been using a different device for R. I would like to know how to solve this though.

The problem crops up for people who have Cylance installed on their machines. Are you using Cylance? If so, go to the thread below. The suggestion to uninstall Cylance, reinstall R and RStudio, then reinstall Cylance should work.

3 Likes

Hey @bshobe, I haven't been able to delete cylance due to some complications, but I believe it will solve the problem (saw the rsession was blocked by cylance). Thank you so much.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.