Error “unable to connect to service” Rstudio-server CentOS 8

Error Information:

I use network drives for my R projects and when I get disconnected from my session I cant log in back on a session using a working directory on a network drive. I have the error: unable to connect to service

Attempted steps taken to fix -
I can fix this problem by deleting the folder :
home/user/local/share/rstudio/sessions/active/session-xxxxxx

I changed the etc/rstudio/rserver.conf to

auth-timeout-minutes=0
auth-stay-signed-in-days=900

It is very helpful because it keeps my session ON

I turned off SELinux

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: Server 1.4.1106
  • OS Version: CentOS 8
  • R Version: 4.0.3
  • Output of studio-server status :
    ERROR Unexpected exception: rstudio_boost::filesystem::status: Invalid argument "/networkdrive"

I am still in trouble when I open a new browser window of Rstudio server... I think this is a new issue because I dont have this issue on older version of Rstudio server.

How can I fix this ?

Thank you for your help

This may be related to RStudio sessions take minutes to start on slow disks, resulting in timeouts · Issue #9152 · rstudio/rstudio · GitHub. We are in the process of building a preview version that includes this fix, which should be ready in the next couple of days. Please check the preview builds RStudio Preview - RStudio and when a fix is available, please let us know if it works for this case.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.