Error using Rstudio Preview v1.2.1268 but not RStudio Version 1.1.442 in Remote Desktop session

I want to use RStudio Desktop running remotely on a Windows 7 professional in a remote desktop session. I connect to this Remote computer via Remote Desktop from a Windows 10 computer or via RD client app with an android Handy.
This works fine for RStudio Version 1.1.442. However, for the recent Rstudio Preview v1.2.1268 version, the RStudio IDE starts but is black inside the application, only the menu bar is visible (see here for a screen shot)
This is the same when connecting from android, or from Windows 7 or from putty via rdesktop-xming
Is there a way to solve this?
Thanks and best,
Holger

Does forcing RStudio to use software rendering help? Hold down Ctrl while starting to get this option, and restart RStudio afterwards.

Thank you very much, this solved my problem! Now, also the Preview version works fine when using the computer in a remote session.
Best, Holger

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.