Error when building quarto website on a windows machine

I am trying to build a quarto website on a windows machine. The terminal is the emulator provided from git.

Follow the instructions from this post, I ran a render and preview commands as quarto.cmd.

MINGW64 ~/my_docs/git/mysite
$quarto.cmd preview mysite
ERROR: mysite not found
$ quarto.cmd render mysite
ERROR: No valid input files passed to render

This is run using the default quarto website created by RStudio with New Project --> Quarto Website. No changes were made to the file once they all loaded in the new project.

> sessionInfo()
R version 4.2.1 (2022-06-23 ucrt)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 19044)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.utf8  LC_CTYPE=English_United States.utf8    LC_MONETARY=English_United States.utf8
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C                           LC_TIME=English_United States.utf8    

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base     

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_4.2.1 tools_4.2.1   

Here is what is in the .Rproj file:

Version: 1.0

RestoreWorkspace: Default
SaveWorkspace: Default
AlwaysSaveHistory: Default

EnableCodeIndexing: Yes
UseSpacesForTab: Yes
NumSpacesForTab: 2
Encoding: UTF-8

RnwWeave: Sweave
LaTeX: pdfLaTeX

and information on my version of RStudio:

> RStudio.Version()

$mode
[1] "desktop"

$version
[1] ‘2022.7.1.554’

$long_version
[1] "2022.07.1+554"

$release_name
[1] "Spotted Wakerobin"

Just curious, does in work when not in the Git Bash terminal ?

From my understanding you are inside the mysite repo already right ?

Wouldn't the command by quarto.cmd preview only ?
quarto.cmd preview mysite would work I think if you were one folder above in ~/my_docs/git/

Just some hints.

I installed quarto as a package and then ran this command successfully from the root directory for the website:

quarto.cmd preview

You were right about not needing to specify the directory unless the working directory was somewhere other than the root directory for the website.

I'm not sure installing quarto as a package was needed, but it was needed in the renv.lock file for the GH actions build, so it was added.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.