Error with Magick when deployed on shinyapp.io

Dear Shiny community,

I have uploaded an app which uses library(magick). It makes some images manipulations. The raw images have been loaded on the server in a folder and the app is doing some manipulations on a selection of images (read, scale, annotate and append). Locally (on my laptop), the app has no issue. When deployed, it misbehaves and the user gets:

• An error has occurred. Check your logs or contact the app author for clarification.

The log reads: Warning:

• Error in magick_image_append: R: unable to get registry ID `cache:hosts' @ error/registry.c/GetImageRegistry/201
  • Error in magick_image_readpath: R: unable to get registry ID `cache:hosts' @ error/registry.c/GetImageRegistry/201
  • Error in magick_image_scale: R: unable to get registry ID `cache:hosts' @ error/registry.c/GetImageRegistry/201

Anyone who could help?
Many thanks
Christophe

Same problem here. Is there anyone who can help us?

Hi there. I just got the exact same issue. I can contact the package developers if nobody has already?

1 Like

It's possible that you're running into a system resource limitation (perhaps memory or disk space related). What size image data are you working with?

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Dear Andy,
Thanks for your advice. I was using images of 2000x2000, 10 of them appended together (like a film strip). I reduced the size to 1000x1000 and it works well. Many thanks. Christophe