Error with Magick when deployed on shinyapp.io

Dear Shiny community,

I have uploaded an app which uses library(magick). It makes some images manipulations. The raw images have been loaded on the server in a folder and the app is doing some manipulations on a selection of images (read, scale, annotate and append). Locally (on my laptop), the app has no issue. When deployed, it misbehaves and the user gets:

• An error has occurred. Check your logs or contact the app author for clarification.

The log reads: Warning:

• Error in magick_image_append: R: unable to get registry ID `cache:hosts' @ error/registry.c/GetImageRegistry/201
  • Error in magick_image_readpath: R: unable to get registry ID `cache:hosts' @ error/registry.c/GetImageRegistry/201
  • Error in magick_image_scale: R: unable to get registry ID `cache:hosts' @ error/registry.c/GetImageRegistry/201

Anyone who could help?
Many thanks
Christophe

Same problem here. Is there anyone who can help us?

Hi there. I just got the exact same issue. I can contact the package developers if nobody has already?

1 Like

It's possible that you're running into a system resource limitation (perhaps memory or disk space related). What size image data are you working with?

Dear Andy,
Thanks for your advice. I was using images of 2000x2000, 10 of them appended together (like a film strip). I reduced the size to 1000x1000 and it works well. Many thanks. Christophe

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.