Error with package ‘pgirmess’

Hello,

I'm trying to download the ‘pgirmess’ package but keep getting this error message

trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/macosx/el-capitan/contrib/3.5/pgirmess_1.6.9.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 260113 bytes (254 KB)

When I go to the URL a .tgz file downloads, I open it and that's where I get lost. I'm not sure what to do next.

Thank you in advance

Could you post the command you are using for installing the package and the whole error message you are getting?

My process is a follows

install.packages('pgirmess')
trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/macosx/el-capitan/contrib/3.5/pgirmess_1.6.9.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 260113 bytes (254 KB)
==================================================
downloaded 254 KB

The downloaded binary packages are in
/var/folders/0k/bn4j3rz148g0c5ddh2b0hvwc0000gn/T//RtmpXeoqF9/downloaded_packages

Then I try to install the library because I didn't realize there was an issue

library(pgirmess)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘pgirmess’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
there is no package called ‘expm’

I try installing 'expm'

install.packages('expm')

There is a binary version available but the source version is later:
binary source needs_compilation
expm 0.999-3 0.999-4 TRUE

Do you want to install from sources the package which needs compilation? (Yes/no/cancel)

I say Yes

installing the source package ‘expm’

trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/expm_0.999-4.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 137075 bytes (133 KB)

downloaded 133 KB

• installing source package ‘expm’ ...
    ** package ‘expm’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    ** libs
    clang -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include" -DNDEBUG -I/usr/local/include -fPIC -Wall -g -O2 -c R_dgebal.c -o R_dgebal.o
    clang -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include" -DNDEBUG -I/usr/local/include -fPIC -Wall -g -O2 -c expm-eigen.c -o expm-eigen.o
    clang -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include" -DNDEBUG -I/usr/local/include -fPIC -Wall -g -O2 -c expm.c -o expm.o
    clang -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include" -DNDEBUG -I/usr/local/include -fPIC -Wall -g -O2 -c init.c -o init.o
    clang -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include" -DNDEBUG -I/usr/local/include -fPIC -Wall -g -O2 -c logm-eigen.c -o logm-eigen.o
    gfortran -fPIC -g -O2 -c matexp.f -o matexp.o
    /var/folders/0k/bn4j3rz148g0c5ddh2b0hvwc0000gn/T//ccKQVrBO.s:1:9: error: unsupported directive '.stabs'
    .stabs "/private/var/folders/0k/bn4j3rz148g0c5ddh2b0hvwc0000gn/T/Rtmp1ZLpGs/R.INSTALL18205049abe5/expm/src/",100,0,7,Ltext0
    ^
    /var/folders/0k/bn4j3rz148g0c5ddh2b0hvwc0000gn/T//ccKQVrBO.s:2:9: error: unsupported directive '.stabs'
    .stabs "matexp.f",100,0,7,Ltext0
    ^
    /var/folders/0k/bn4j3rz148g0c5ddh2b0hvwc0000gn/T//ccKQVrBO.s:5:9: error: unsupported directive '.stabs'
    .stabs "gcc2_compiled.",60,0,0,0
    ^
    /var/folders/0k/bn4j3rz148g0c5ddh2b0hvwc0000gn/T//ccKQVrBO.s:1217:11: warning: section "__textcoal_nt" is deprecated
    .section __TEXT,__textcoal_nt,coalesced,pure_instructions
    ^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    /var/folders/0k/bn4j3rz148g0c5ddh2b0hvwc0000gn/T//ccKQVrBO.s:1217:11: note: change section name to "__text"
    .section __TEXT,__textcoal_nt,coalesced,pure_instructions
    ^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    make: *** [matexp.o] Error 1
    ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘expm’
  • removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.5/Resources/library/expm’
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘expm’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
‘/private/var/folders/0k/bn4j3rz148g0c5ddh2b0hvwc0000gn/T/RtmpXeoqF9/downloaded_packages’

Apparently you have some problems with your gcc compiler, fixing this could be a little tricky and is very system specific, so if you don't need the latest version right now, you can just install the binary version with

install.packages("expm", type = "binary")

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.