Example code in help pane not readable on a mac

Hello - On a mac, the help example code is nearly unreadable if you select one of the dark background options in Tools->Global Options-> Appearance.

For example, with the Twilight theme selected, the example code is highlighted in such a way that you almost cannot read it. The same is true for all of the dark-background themes. It doesn't seem to matter which font you use. I never had this problem in Windows.

Does anyone else have this problem and can you suggest a solution other than giving up on using the dark themes on a mac?

Unfortunately I don't see any way to attach an example here ...

I am not on a Mac but I seem to experience a similar issue on windows. I had filed a related issue here a bit earlier

I should have included some more information in my original post. Below is the R STudio version, R Version, and Mac OS verison info. Apologies for not including this information in the original post ...

RStudio 2021.09.2+382 "Ghost Orchid" Release (fc9e217980ee9320126e33cdf334d4f4e105dc4f, 2022-01-04) for macOS
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 12_3_1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) QtWebEngine/5.12.10 Chrome/69.0.3497.128 Safari/537.36

R Version:
_
platform aarch64-apple-darwin20
arch aarch64
os darwin20
system aarch64, darwin20
status
major 4
minor 2.0
year 2022
month 04
day 22
svn rev 82229
language R
version.string R version 4.2.0 (2022-04-22)
nickname Vigorous Calisthenics

Mac Version: macOS Monterey, Version 12.3.1

It looks like you're seeing this issue: Support changes to R 4.2.0 help system · Issue #10839 · rstudio/rstudio · GitHub

You might need a newer version of RStudio to work with R 4.2; have you tried one of the dailies?

https://dailies.rstudio.com/

That does appear to be the issue. But I really need a stable build of R Studio. So should I revert to an older version of R or do I just need to live with the problem until the next R Studio release?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.