Execute a R Markdown file from a private website (OVH server)

Hi everyone,

I am very new to the community, and also not very experienced with R Shiny or any web applications.

I was wondering if it's possible to compile a R Markdown file from a link or button in a website. From the website, hosted on an OVH server, the user would compile the .Rmd file, and the wesbite would retrieve and then desplay the html output.

I think one solution would be to just redirect the user to an R Shiny platform, but I wanted to know if a more direct, somewhat cleaner approach, was possible.
EDIT : I would prefer if the solution is supported by Windows and not only Linux.

I would be very grateful if anyone has some advice or any ressources appart from this forum.

There's RStudio Server, which allows remote RStudio sessions. More lightweight is servr, which will render Rmarkdown to HTML, but that requires a facility for users to upload files. There's also RStudio Cloud and the commercial platform RStudio Connect.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.