Executing inline code crashes RStudio Preview

I tried two different preview versions of RStudio 1.4x and both always crashed if one had the following line in an RMarkdown document, put the cursor in-between the 4 and the +, and pressed CTRL ENTER:

Note that the echo = FALSE parameter was r 4+2 added to the code chunk to prevent printing of the R code that generated the plot.

Now, back with 1.3.1093, this problem is gone. Here's the output of sessionInfo()

sessionInfo()
R version 4.0.3 (2020-10-10)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
Running under: Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS

Matrix products: default
BLAS: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/openblas-pthread/libblas.so.3
LAPACK: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/openblas-pthread/liblapack.so.3

locale:
[1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 LC_NUMERIC=C LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8 LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
[5] LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8 LC_NAME=C
[9] LC_ADDRESS=C LC_TELEPHONE=C LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:
[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets compiler methods base

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] tools_4.0.3 yaml_2.2.1

I don't see the lines in questions and the Rmd chunks in your post. Did I missed something ?

Oops, so sorry, that must have beena copy-paste error. I actually just meant any line with inline code like this:

abc def ghi r 2+2 jkl.

I can't reproduce this. Let's wait tomorrow for the new daily, and you'll tell us if it is fixed.

Ok, I'll check it out, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.