Executing same command " >n <-3 rnorm(1)", results different numbers, each time value of n is changed?

Can someone light on it:
Executing same command " >n <-3 rnorm(1)", results different numbers, each time value of n is changed? What could be logic behind this.
Thanks
Azeem

rnorm

rnorm() generates random numbers.

Yep, I knew it however the logic behind resulting random distributions.

There must be a reason programmed in mean and variance in resulting random distributions.

1+rnorm(100) gives 100 random numbers drawn from a normal distribution with mean 1.0 and variance 1.0.

I'm not sure what your question is.

My question is simple, why rnorm generates Random values?

Because that's the purpose of rnorm....

Yes you are right.
n : the number of random variables to generate . mean , if not specified defaults to 0 .
Actually, I am working on some relativity on numbers resulted by executing rnorm same command (100 times) on R console, and each time it resulted random numbers, I am trying to see the logic formulated behind it. Will share you the details If get something. Thanks for being a part of communication.

Dear Startz,

Hope you are doing great, I have excuted >norm(100) three times on RStudio console, it generated random values as shown in attached graph.
It populated Positive Random Numbers b/w 42% to 48%, however Negative Random Numbers remained b/w 52% to 58%.

largest positive random numbers reported between >2 to <2.99

smallest negative random numbers reported between >0 to <0.99

I also analysed Mean, SD, Median on populated data.

Still trying to know that how Rnorm works on Rstudio compiler?

Amazing and very deep coding is done at backend.

Thanks, I studied about the rnorm however willing to know how does it generate random numbers in Rstudio?.

Will appreciate, if anyone put light on "rnorm" in Rstudio.

Regards, Azeem

There's nothing very surprising about the results of rnorm(100) being sometimes more often positive and sometimes more often negative. if you try rnorm(100000) you will find the positive and negative results quite close to 50/50.

Maybe you could explain in more detail what you want to learn about rnorm().

Thank you, you are right, I checked rnorm(1000), it resulted positive/negative exact 50/50%, I am new in Rstudio, trying to know the exact mathematically application of rnorm(), How and Why does rnorm() purpose producing random number in such a spike and disparity way.? especially on Rstudio, how is it programmed on Rstudio.
and who is the inventor of the rnorm?

Thanks. Azeem

rnorm() produces random numbers drawn from standard normal distribution, what's sometimes called a "bell curve." For a nice picture, try

hist(rnorm(1000),freq=FALSE)

You can learn more about the command by going
?rnorm

in RStudio.

Here's more explanation of how R random number generators work. They are all pseudorandom, in that the result is ultimately deterministic if you start from the same seed (e.g. by setting set.seed(0) or with any other number you like. But the output is intended to have very similar statistical properties to true random numbers, such that for most use cases the distinction can be ignored.

I am actually Contact Center Workforce Management professional, it will help me in analysing KPI (Key Performance Indicator) gradings.
When I start working on Rstudio, it gives me a feel of Swiming into the deep sea.

Thanks for help.
Will be in touch.
Regards, Azeem

Thanks a lot, Will get back to you, If need be.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.