paid / full-time / remote
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting edge technology, and top notch customer service. With a $40M Series B round of funding, we are ready to continue to scale our organization.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture backed startup based in downtown San Francisco (and since COVID began, fully remotely) that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry, in the same way that Stripe did for online payments and Affirm did for consumer point of sale financing.
What You'll Do:
- Use a lot of AWS, create and evolve building data pipelines, create brand new systems, and contribute to the existing ones
- Manage all aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Work with cross functionally with other engineering team and our data analytics team to help build tools that effortlessly work with the data.
What We Are Looking For:
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong background in distributed data processing, software engineering and data modeling
- Proficient in one major language (e.g. Python, Scala, Java) along with complex SQL
- Experience with AWS cloud services (DynamoDB, RDS, Lambda, S3, Redshift, Kinesis, etc) and comfortable picking up new technologies
- Understands data lifecycle and concepts such as retention, privacy, anonymity, lineage, governance, etc
- Passionate about enabling data-driven insights and solutions, simplifying and automating tasks, operating independently and continuously learning
- Strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like AWS CDK or Terraform
- Experience with CI/CD tooling such as CircleCI, Jenkins, or CodeBuild
- Experience with Mode, Looker, Salesforce
- Experience with big data streaming and predictive analytics, exploratory analysis
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly team events