You can edit the title, category, or tags for any topics that you created. Moderators and trusted community members may also be able to edit the title, category, and tags for posts they did not create.
How do I edit a post's title, category, or tags?
Click on the pencil icon at the end of the post's title (you may need to scroll to the top of the page before it will appear).
The title, category, and tags will turn into editable fields. Make your changes!
- Edit the title text
- Use the menu to select a different category
- Start typing new tags into the tag box, then select from the list that appears
I can't see the pencil icon
- Did you scroll all the way back to the top of the page?
- Are you sure you're editing the right post? In general, you can only edit posts you created.
- Moderators and trusted community members with editing privileges may still not be able to edit titles, categories, or tags on posts in certain categories where editing may be restricted to site admins.
Someone else edited my post!
A moderator may change your post's title, category, or tags in order to help the post get seen by people who will be most able to help.
If you are unhappy about changes a moderator made to your post, please flag the post, choose "Something Else", and explain the problem.
Will I mess up my post by making these changes?
Don't worry, you won't lose anything by changing the title, category, or tags of a post! All existing content and replies in the topic remain the same.
Got something to ask? Or add?
FAQ posts are closed to replies. If you have any questions or suggestions, please visit the corresponding discussion thread: FAQ Discussion: How do I change categories, tags, and title?