Feature request: titles for RStudio windows on Windows 10

I was just wondering if there had been any progress/changes/announcements on this feature request for proper window titles.

I love RStudio and its ability to pop-out all sorts of viewers and editors, but it's quite frustrating having to guess which window to flick to every single time. The Aero view on Windows only marginally removes this problem.

Not sure if this is not a priority because it doesn't happen on other systems?

Thanks for any info!

1 Like

Welcome Mig-25.
I have no idea of why is that happening, as I do not use Windows. But I can confirm that on Linux Mint, I created the same files in several folders and in an external hard drive, and when opening them in RStudio, I just saw the file names (all the same names, without the path...).
I am just curious as I can imagine, by the use of OS's, Windows would be the most used platform of RStudio users, so no point of denying it for Windows?. Maybe it has something to do with Windows?
cheers

I'm using RStudio Version 1.2.1327 on Windows 10, and like Fer, I only see the file names without the path.

Here's my sessioninfo
> sessionInfo()
R version 3.5.3 (2019-03-11)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 17763)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_India.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_India.1252   
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_India.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C                  
[5] LC_TIME=English_India.1252    

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods  
[7] base     

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_3.5.3 tools_3.5.3

Thank you for the quick replies. My sessionInfo is below and certainly different from Yarnabrina's.

EDIT: I can see Yarnabrina is using a Preview version... I suppose that means this will soon be fixed! Great!

sessionInfo()
R version 3.5.2 (2018-12-20)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows >= 8 x64 (build 9200)

I have Version 1.1.463, quite older than Anirban's version, and still works fine (note that I have an old version of R, this is my personal laptop, I just use R here for simple stuff, code tests etc).

That's my session info:

R version 3.4.4 (2018-03-15)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
Running under: Linux Mint 18.3

Matrix products: default
BLAS: /usr/lib/openblas-base/libblas.so.3
LAPACK: /usr/lib/libopenblasp-r0.2.18.so

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_AU.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C               LC_TIME=en_AU.UTF-8       
 [4] LC_COLLATE=en_AU.UTF-8     LC_MONETARY=en_AU.UTF-8    LC_MESSAGES=en_AU.UTF-8   
 [7] LC_PAPER=en_AU.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C                  LC_ADDRESS=C              
[10] LC_TELEPHONE=C             LC_MEASUREMENT=en_AU.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C       

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base     

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_3.4.4 tools_3.4.4   

cheers
Fer

We're tracking this issue here:

Please feel free to give the issue a thumbs up so the IDE team can track the relative priority of the issue, as we use the number of reactions on an issue to help prioritize feature work and bug fixes for new releases.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.