Paid / Minneapolis, MN or Helena, MT / full-time
We are looking for well versed R (Python a plus) user ready to serve the public by supporting the Production function of the Federal Reserve Stress Testing Program.
We work with tools like R markdown and Shiny for reporting and seek individuals familiar with best practices in software dev in R such as package development and CI/CD work in Git.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis has an exciting opportunity for individuals with data science experience. The successful candidate will become a part of the Production Function within the National Stress Testing Program. The individual will work with complex datasets, a variety of statistical modeling techniques, and several programming languages. The individual will collaborate with other members of the Minneapolis-based team and interact with colleagues across the Federal Reserve System. The individual will utilize R and Python to implement models for annual Dodd-Frank Act stress tests, develop automated analytics, and support policy makers with ad hoc analysis. The individual will also get to interact with senior leaders across the Federal Reserve System. Candidates with significant relevant experience will be considered for senior role.
- Designs and implements production quality code used to produce stress testing results
- Collaborates with model research and development staff to assess operational risks and feasibility of proposed model changes
- Uses best practices around development, testing, deployment, and controls of model code
- Develops and maintains automated analytical tools to support interpretation of data trends and modeled outcomes
- Maintains and creates database/computing requirements for efficient and rigorously controlled production
- Communicates outcomes of projects and analyses to various audiences including senior bank leadership and other Federal Reserve System contacts
- Develops subject matter expertise in areas of financial risk relevant to stress testing and banking.
- Collaborates with other analysts, project management, and leadership on coding, results execution, and ad hoc analysis
- Safeguards equipment, sensitive data, and resources according to the SRC Information Security and Data Handling Handbook
- Handles records in accordance with the System Records Retention Manual compliance plan
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or higher degree in a quantitative field
- 2 years of relevant experience (5 years for senior)
- Experience in open-source programing languages R (preferred) and/or Python including data processing, modeling, visualization, and documentation tools
- Knowledge of version control platforms such as Git and containerization such as Docker
- Expertise in management of data requirements and use of data in relational databases using SQL
- Experience with the software development life cycle and/or DevSecOps coding cultures preferred
- Experience developing, implementing, or validating statistical models
- Ability to quickly adapt to new and changing regulatory and financial industry environments
- Ability to effectively articulate issues and solution proposals in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently in a matrix management structure as well as willingness to collaborate within a team
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual educational assistance
- On-site fitness facility
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
The Minneapolis Fed is committed to developing a diverse workforce and providing an inclusive environment where all employees are respected and valued. We believe that we can foster development opportunities for all and reach our full potential by recognizing the unique experiences and identities of each of our colleagues. From economists to cash specialists , we work together to represent you in our economy.
*This position qualifies for a hybrid working arrangement that supports remote work but requires regular on-site attendance.
*A requirement of this position is that you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and received all approved boosters or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
*This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo applicable background checks and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship