File listing error when upgrading from Rstudio 1.1.463 to 1.2.1335 or 1.2.1578 when navigating to folder

After installing the last two versions of Rstudio, when I attempt to navigate to another folder using the file pane or open a project, I get the following error:

File Listing Error
Error navigating to ~/../TestProject:
The system cannot find the path specified

This is on a A thinkpad T460 running Windows 10. I have the latest Rstudio on a similar thinkpad running Ubuntu which has no problems.
I have posted this problem before and was told it was the computer not Rstudio. But I am not having any other problems with this computer, I can run base R with no problem, and the 1.1.463 does not have this problem. I have uninstalled R and Rstudio a few times also deleting localapp files (renaming) as suggested by Rstudio, all to no avail. I also spoke with my university's IT department experts who agree this is likely an Rstudio issue.

Please help

R version 3.6.1 (2019-07-05)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 18362)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252 LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252 LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_3.6.1 tools_3.6.1

Referred here from support.rstudio.com

I think we diagnosed this issue already previously:

You likely need to modify the HOME and / or R_USER environment variables, and remove the trailing slash.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.