Files Not Saving In Work Space

Within the past week, whenever I try to save a new file, it saves it but leaves it as an empty template file.

https://rstudio.cloud/spaces/45154/project/1132489

This is made in a space by my professor and my professor's information pops up every time I try to knit my work to a PDF.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please provide screenshots of the issue you're having when you save the file? Preferably screenshots before and after you save it, showing how saving leaves the file in the empty state.

Also, could you please clarify what you mean by the prof's info popping up? Again, a screenshot might be best here.

Thanks.
Omar

Hi,

In the photo attached, I have my work on the left that I am tryin to knit into a PDF file. However, when I select Knit to PDF, the file on the right pops up. When I save my work and try to reopen it, everything is gone and it just shows an empty template as if I had not started my work. This work space was created by my professor for one of our classes, and in the file on the left, his RStudio information is popping up, not mine. I have not had this problem in the past, so I am not sure why I am having it now.

Thank you,

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble! We are looking into your project. If you do not change your output to pdf_document - for example if you leave it set to html_notebook do you get the expected output? If so, could you try deleting the file called newjournal.nb.html before setting your output in the RMD file to pdf_document and try knitting again? Please let us know if either of those changes work for you.

Best,
Ming

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.