Filezilla - Rstudio

Hi community

I´m cheking the conection with filezilla, even though I don´t know which code shoud I use to import a file "csv o xlsx" from other directoro by filezilla.

It is a general question so every answer would help me, Thanks.

Can you please clarify your question? How is this R or RStudio related? Are you talking about FileZilla the FTP client software?

Hi, I wanted to know If it's possible to connect from FileZilla the File or I need to move first the file from the other pc to my pc, and then connect with the data.

Still not very clear but I'm guessing you mean if you can read data into R from an FTP server? If that is the question, then the answer is yes, but, you don't need a third party software like Filezilla to do it.

Also, please be aware that R and RStudio have nothing to do with Filezilla, they do not interface with each other, so if your question is about that peace of software in specific, this might not be the place to do it.

Great, thanks. Could you show me a code to connect data from other server, please.

I don't know what kind of security your target server has, but in general, you can use a code pattern like this

url = "ftp://username:password@ftppath/www_logs/testfolder/test.csv"
download.file(url, destfile = "test.csv")

Obviously, this will not work if the target server has security restrictions and does not allow for password-based authentication (which is the case in most real-life scenarios), in that case you can use more specialized packages like curl or ssh

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.