Fill function in ggplot2 package not working when constructing a histogram

Hi,
I'm following the Edureka! tutorial on using ggplot2. The csv file that I'm currently using is called House. The problem that I encountered tonight is creating a histogram that involves using the variable "air_cond" inside the fill function. Here's my code:
ggplot(house, aes(x =price, fill = aircond))+geom_histogram()

What it's suppose to do is to create a histogram that is made up of colors for the variable "air_cond". Instead, it just gave me a histogram made up gray bars. I don't know if it's a problem with my computer or the package itself. Any help is appreciated!

Does this work for you?

house <- data.frame(price = c(rnorm(100,10000,1000), rnorm(100,13000, 1200)),
                    aircond = c(rep("AC", 100), rep("NotAC", 100)))  
library(ggplot2)
ggplot(house, aes(x =price, fill = aircond))+geom_histogram()
#> `stat_bin()` using `bins = 30`. Pick better value with `binwidth`.

Created on 2020-03-18 by the reprex package (v0.3.0)

It will be helpful if you can post the structure of your data frame i.e. house, using the str(), head() or glimpse() functions.

@FJCC's solution highlighted in response to your questions should work in your case.

Okay, I found the problem now. It appears that the structure of aircond is in binary numbers. Like 0 represents no air condition and 1 means there is air condition. (e.g., 0=no; 1=yes). The problem now is to convert the binary numbers back to characters. How can I change the numbers back to characters? Again, any help is appreciated as I'm slowly learning R on my own!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

To convert the variable from binary to character class you can do something like this.

house$aircond <- as.character(house$aircond) # This will convert the boolean variables i.e. 0 and 1 into character variables.

I hope this addresses what you are looking for.