Find in Files not working in one project. Works everywhere else

I have a very weird problem. In RStudio Desktop for Windows (community edition) version 1.3.1073, and also with the preview 1.3.1075, Find in Files works in all my projects except one. I have a bookdown project where Find in Files always returns (No results found), even when I search for a string that I have copied from one of the .Rmd files (searching both for Common R Source Files and for All Files, with Exclude these files set to None). I can also tick "regular expression" and search for . and I get (No results found). I have checked that I have the proper search directory selected in the "Find in Files" dialog.

I have closed RStudio, deleted the .Rproj.user/ directory, .RData file, and *.Rproj and created a new RStudio project in that directory and Find in Files still fails. I have checked that "Index source files" is ticked in the Code-editing project options (as mentioned at "Find in Files" always finds nothing in package development mode).

I also tried renaming the %USERPROFILE%/AppData/Local/Rstudio-Desktop and %USERPROFILE%/AppData/Local/Rstudio directories, and that didn't help. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled RStudio 1.3.1073 (deleting the RStudio-Desktop and RStudio configuration directories in %USERPROFILE%/AppData in between uninstalling and reinstalling) and that didn't help.

Find in Files works in all of my other projects, including my other bookdown projects. Can anyone think about what could cause it to fail in one bookdown project but not any others? What kinds of diagnostic information could I provide that would be helpful for this weird edge case?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.