Finding correlations with nominal values

Hi

I was hoping someone could help me. I'm looking to find correlations in data, where one of the variables is a nominal value.
More specifically, I have a questionnaire, where companies have reported their spendings with different wholesalers. I am looking, whether or not these spendings are significantly affected by the franchise they're assigned to.

So let's say Company A bought 10 000 euros worth of goods from wholesaler X, 20 000 from Wholesaler Y and 1000 from Wholesaler Z. Let's assume company company A is part of the McDonalds franchise.
Company B bought 20 000 euros worth of goods from wholesaler X, 10 000 from Wholesaler Y and 5000 from Wholesaler Z. Company B is part of the BurgerKing franchise.

How would one approach this methodologically? I was thinking of using the Anova approach- it would allow me to compare the effect between companies as well as between franchises. Would this work? Or would you recommend using a different method? Any advice would be appreciated.

Timm

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.