First time problems

Error Information: ## R Session Startup Failure Report

RStudio Version

RStudio 2022.12.0+353 "Elsbeth Geranium " (7d165dcf, 2022-12-03) for macOS

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) RStudio/2022.12.0+353 Chrome/102.0.5005.167 Electron/19.1.3 Safari/537.36

Error message

[No error available]

Process Output

The R session exited with code 1.

Error output:

dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libssl.1.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin/rsession
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin/../Frameworks/libssl.1.1.dylib: cannot load 'libssl.1.1.dylib' (load command 0x80000034 is unknown)
	/Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin/../Frameworks/libssl.1.1.dylib: stat() failed with errno=1
	/Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin/../Frameworks/libssl.1.1.dylib: cannot load 'libssl.1.1.dylib' (load command 0x80000034 is unknown)
	/Applications/RStudio.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin/../Frameworks/libssl.1.1.dylib: stat() failed with errno=1

Standard output:

[No output emitted]

Logs

Log File

[No logs available]

Description of issue - I as able to download R with no problems and it seems to open just
fine but RStudio then says it can't open R. This is my first time attempting to use either program, and I am trying for a new graduate class because I would like to learn.

Attempted steps taken to fix -
I have deleted and redownloaded both programs, I have no custom settings in either one, and have my time and date set correctly.

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: (Desktop or Server) Desktop
  • RStudio Version: 2022.12.0+353
  • OS Version: 10.13.6
  • R Version: 4.2.2 (2022-10-31)
  • Output your diagnostics report (if possible):

From RStudio Desktop Will Not Start on support.rstudio.com

This version is no longer supported neither by Apple nor the RStudio IDE. You would need to update your operating system to use RStudio on it.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.