Five packages in five weeks - from boredom to contribution via blogging

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at:

Five packages in five weeks – from boredom to contribution via blogging

https://www.rstudio.com/resources/videos/five-packages-in-five-weeks-from-boredom-to-contribution-via-blogging/

I’ve developed a package which is a text-based adventure played directly in the R console, to test the player’s skills in base R. The player navigates through a mysterious castle as she performs assignments in base R in the console in order to progress. The game can also be “charged” with questions on other topics, e.g. the tidyverse.

Five packages in five weeks - from boredom to contribution via blogging, Giora Simchoni, @GioraSimchoni

Giora Simchoni - Data Scientist- Subspecies Statistician
I’m a Data Scientist at IBM, before that ebay, before that MSc. Statistics at TAU. I live in the north of Israel in a small village with my partner and three (3!) daughters. I don’t know how to draw but it doesn’t stop me from doing it, hence the lousy Comics. I’m a little bit better at Data Science / Statistics / Analytics / Machine Learning – however you want to call it. And I like doing this in R, occasionaly Python, Scala, Java and Matlab. This blog was built entirely in R, using blogdown.