Flex - Supply Chain Solution - Data Scientist
Supply Chain Solution - Data Scientist - Flex
paid / Austin, TX, USA / full-time
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do
- Use various analytical techniques including visualization, statistical methods, machine learning/AI to create scalable solutions for business problems
- Translate Supply Chain business problems and questions into specific quantitative questions to be answered w/ available data using robust methodologies. In many cases, the data collection at scale will be part of the task and may involve co-work with software development team
- Coordinate and perform testing on data quality and solutions
- Analyze and extract relevant information from big data to help automate and optimize key processes.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings to stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information
- Build scalable prototype analytics solutions
- Work closely with software development/engineering teams to build model implementations and integrate successful models and algorithms in production systems at scale
- Here is some of what you’ll need (required)
- Master’s degree in STEM field/Operations Research/Data Science/Supply Chain with 4-6 years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of R (4+ years) is required. Demonstrated skill and experience of data analysis within open source scripting languages (e.g. R, Python).
- Strong Experience with SQL and working with relational databases (SQL Server, Teradata, MySQL etc.)
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of applied statistical and machine learning methods
- Experience with XML, JSON data formats, working with REST API’s, SVN/Git or other version control tools and techniques
- Experience with Tableau in dashboard development, deployment and administration
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and implementation of solutions/applications
- Effective written and oral communication skills, team player
- Here are a few of our preferred experiences
- Work experience in Supply Chain/Manufacturing
- Be able to present quantitative results in the right context to various target audiences
- Experience within the RStudio ecosystem (Shiny dashboards and applications, Plumber API’s, RStudio Connect)
- Experience working with non-relational databases like MongoDB
- Experience of deploying ML applications on platforms like Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in business applications of distributed computing (e.g. MapReduce, HIVE, HADOOP).
- Demonstrated capability in building scalable analytical solutions
- Experience in ownership of solutions – lifecycle, roadmap, implementation, business value generation
- Portfolio of data science projects on Github.com, RPubs.com etc.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence executives and upper management