Flow Charts and Diagrams for Newcomers - Preferred Package?

If you wanted to learn diagram/flowchart creation, where would you start? I like DiagrammeR and graphViz but am intrigued by tidygraph and ggraph. I'm targeting newcomers to R who typically use ppt for diagrams. Looking at the GitHub repos, it looks like the developers may be prioritizing other projects. I've looked at daggity and ggdag, as well, but that's more niche than I'm after.

I'm coaching a few people through the tidyverse, and I'm concerned about asking them to learn dot language. I'd love to get a discussion going on this to learn if there's a clear direction.

3 Likes

I personally really like tidygraph (because you can work in a 'tidyverse' way) and for visualisation I mostly use visNetwork:

Introduction (datastorm-open.github.io)

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. Do you prefer visNetwork to ggraph because of interactivity or is there another reason?

I agree that the 'tidyverse' way is quite nice.

1 Like

Exactly! I really like the interactivity possibilities that come with visNetwork. I haven't discovered something similar in ggraph or a package related to tidygraph.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.