forecast balance at the end of the month

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, I'm a data analyst and I currently work for a travel agency.

I allow myself to solicit your help because I am stuck on one of my missions.

Let me explain: the objective is to be able to forecast the provisional closing balance at the end of each month. The travel agency makes sales every day but for trips that cannot take place more than 6 months after the date of purchase.

I am attaching an example of my database.

The objective is to be able to reliably forecast the forecast balance for each travel month with data updating every day in order to take into account the previous day's sales. I have 3 years of historical data.
If we take the month of July, the goal is to be able to predict the end-of-month balance from the month of April based on reservations already made (1750$ on 11 april) and historical data in my possession.

I was thinking of using the "PLM" package to perform a regression on panel data using the years as ID and then forecast the next month but I'm not sure if this is the right method and the results are not satisfactory...
I'm really sutck, can someone help me please ?

Thank you very in advance for your help, have a good day !

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.