paid / full-time / Cambridge UK
Genestack’s mission is to accelerate health discoveries by harnessing the explosive growth of biomedical data. As the core currency of the future, organisations need to manage data effectively in order to remain competitive. Founded in 2012 in Cambridge, UK, our solution is now transforming how scientists collaboratively work with multi-omics data, for drug development, crop improvement, and others.
In this rapidly-evolving field, our bioinformatics data scientists play a pivotal role of finding data-driven scientific use cases, both now and in the future, and building innovative ways to do them simpler, faster, and better through our enabling technologies: multi-omics data integration, curation, and analytical query tools. If you’re a creative problem solver with a passion for making a long-lasting impact, then this is a highly rewarding role for you!
- Find high-value scientific use cases, across the drug development or crop breeding lifecycles, and build innovative ways to address them better, by using and improving our data management technologies.
- Become a trusted advisor, by participating in leading scientific/technical conferences, publishing industry insights, and monitoring new developments and trends.
- Grow our business relationships and networks, by engaging closely with leading scientists and engineers across the global life sciences companies.
- Support our software engineering teams, by providing subject matter expertise on product development and specific client projects.
Your technical competencies
- You can develop lightweight Python/R scripts/apps, e.g. Jupyter notebooks, R Shiny.
- You are comfortable with creating and communicating data-driven insights and stories.
- You are proficient in data wrangling, e.g. filtering, transformation, integration.
- You know when and how to apply core statistical/AI/ML methods/packages.
- You are familiar with key bioinformatics data sources, tools, and use cases.
Your personal qualities
- You like finding ways to solve scientific/technical questions simpler, faster, and better.
- You have a positive attitude and enthusiasm, even during occasional setbacks.
- You thrive working in cross-functional teams, in a high-paced environment.
- You strive to continually grow and develop, technically and personally.
- You are self-motivated, taking responsibility for originating new tasks and ideas.
Your career growth at Genestack
As a fast-growing company in the exciting intersection of big data, technology, and genomics, you will be:
- Enabling data-driven transformation for leading life sciences organisations.
- Supported by professional training and mentoring schemes.
- Trusted with plenty of pivotal opportunities and responsibilities.
- Building a diverse and far-reaching professional network.
- Well-compensated with company-performance bonuses, health services, and above-rate pension contribution.
If you feel that this excites you and you meet these criteria, we would love to hear from you!
Location: Cambridge, UK. Remote locations are considered.
Level of experience: Both junior and senior data scientists are considered.
Minimum requirement: A degree in a quantitative field or equivalent professional experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Genestack is expanding internationally, creating opportunities for individual career growth. Now is a great time to get involved. Learn more about our culture, values and the team at http://www.genestack.com/careers.