Git missing after updating to R 3.6.0

**git configuration has disappeared from my project after I upgraded from R 3.5.1 & Rstudio 1.1.456 to R 3.6.0 & Rstudio 1.2.1335 ** -
I created an R project in R 3.5.1 & Rstudio 1.1.456 and configured it to use git. The git directory is on dropbox. It worked fine on my two computers. Then I got a new machine and installed the latest version of r and rstudio on it. When I open my rproject on the new machine all the data and scripts are fine but the git configuration is gone. I do not see the git buttons and under project options it says Version Control System : none. When I open the project option from my older machines it says Version Control System : git .
Question:
How do I associate the existing project to its git directory from the new machine?
all help appreciated, thanks

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: (Desktop or Server)
  • RStudio Version: 1.2.1335
  • OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.3
  • R Version: 3.6.0
  • sessionInfo(): <!-- R version 3.6.0 (2019-04-26)
    Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0 (64-bit)
    Running under: macOS Mojave 10.14.3

Matrix products: default
BLAS: /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib
LAPACK: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib

Random number generation:
RNG: Mersenne-Twister
Normal: Inversion
Sample: Rounding

locale:
[1] en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8/C/en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_3.6.0 tools_3.6.0 packrat_0.5.0 /-->

Referred here from support.rstudio.com

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.