Git panel only in RProject files?

Hello,
I am new to R and made the observation that my Git panel in RStudio is not showing up when opening .R files in my project folder. However, when accessing this .R file via the .RProject file I have full Git funcionality. Is it also possible to access the version control functionalities via the .R files?

Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

Short answer: No.

The Git panel in RStudio is tied to working with projects, however, RStudio has a built-in terminal in which you can use Git, this is more advanced and less visual though. If you don't want to learn how to use Git from the command line yet, you could also open whatever .R files you want to add to a Git repository, in a project tied to this repository and use the Git panel. I would recommend you though, that when you have a good understanding of how Git repositories work, you should learn how to manipulate them using the command line.

Check these sites out for more information:

https://git-scm.com/docs

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.