paid / full-time / virtual, United States
For more information about this role, check out the RStudio blog entry that came out today about why we posted the job and what exactly a "Senior Shiny Deployment Engineer" does:
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: www.guidehouse.com.
We are looking for a team member who is passionate about working in the space where data science and the underlying infrastructure meet. Call it DataOps or call it something else, but if this is what gets you excited, read on!
The Senior Shiny Deployment Engineer provides technical expertise and leadership to all aspects of data product deployment including automated build, test, and deployment. We principally develop R Shiny and Python-based data applications and dashboards. This position works with business and development teams to deliver high quality, high value solutions to our clients in the healthcare, energy, and financial services industries.
- Architect, test, and deploy data products in production, bringing software engineering and DevOps practices to both established and new solution teams
- Design, develop, and operationalize Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Delivery solutions for data applications
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical leadership to developers of data products using R and Python web frameworks (e.g., Shiny and RStudio Connect, as well as Dash, Streamlit, Flask, etc.)
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement and automation to deliver high quality products
- Troubleshoot issues in production and other environments, applying debugging and problem-solving techniques (e.g., log analysis, non-invasive tests), working closely with development and product teams
- Collaborate to deliver high quality software products through geographically distributed teams in an agile environment across our consulting segments (e.g., energy, healthcare, financial services)
- Communicate complex concepts, manage client expectations, and meet requirements under tight deadlines
- Design and enforce standards, best practices and platform strategy
- Assess optimal platform and/or infrastructure needs for data application deployments including use of APIs and database backends
- Stay current on DevOps and CI/CD trends, best practices and tools
- Promote strong team culture
- B.E / B.Tech / M.Tech / MBA or other relevant degree
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in the software or data science fields
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps methodologies and automation
- Demonstrated experience working with Linux-based operating systems (e.g., RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu, and Debian as well as Git version control with GitHub or Azure DevOps)
- Solid understanding and experience with test-driven development and automated testing (e.g., unit tests, integration testing, load testing, regression testing)
- Experience with the operationalization and maintenance of analytics APIs (e.g., Plumber, Flask, Swagger or similar frameworks)
- Strong problem solving, analysis, and testing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English language)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Data Management or related fields.
- Familiarity with RStudio Enterprise products (e.g., RStudio Workbench, RStudio Connect, RStudio Package Manager)
- Experience running R Shiny applications in production
- Strong familiarity with cloud-based services (AWS or Azure), cloud data platforms (e.g., Snowflake, Databricks, or RedShift, etc.), and container technologies (e.g., Docker/Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development, automated testing principles, and testing best practices
- Experience in data analytics, business intelligence, or data science
- Ability to automate manual interactions and a passion for enabling developers to write code that works
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
This position is open to remote work in the Pacific, Eastern and Central Time Zones.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program